Thursday, April 26, 2012

Deviled Chicken Salad








Behold!  The mealpod in it's natural habitat!   Most of my lunches are eaten at my desk, in front of my computer, during the hour that our filter is turned off.   Today lunchtime caught me perusing one of my favorite Paleo recipe websites, Chowstalker!

This is one of my all time favorite Paleo recipes.  Combining egg salad and chicken salad makes it packed with protein and fairly low calorie.  If I wasn’t so lazy I would totally make my own mayonnaise. It’s supposed to be easy, but it is totally one of those things that scares me.  I usually eat it right from the container, at my desk, at lunchtime, but I have been known to occasionally eat it with gluten-free crackers or in a carved out tomato or green pepper.  That probably would make a gorgeous photo.  I should do that some day. 
Deviled Chicken Salad
Prep Time: 10 min               
Cook Time: 0 minutes            
Yield: 6

INGREDIENTS:

12 oz chicken breast, cooked and cubed
3 hardboiled egg, chopped
1 cup celery, finely chopped
6 tablespoons mayonnaise
3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 bunch green onion, diced fine
salt & fresh ground pepper

DIRECTIONS:

·         Cube chicken and put in mixing bowl

·         Mix in chopped egg, celery and green onions

·         Fold in mayonnaise and mustard, mix gently until well distributed

·         Add salt and pepper to taste.

Portion 1 cup per mealpod and store in refrigerator for up to 5 days.

 6 PODs: 216 calories, 8g fat, 201g sodium, 3.5G carb, 0g fiber, 10g protein

nutrition information estimated at Livestrong.com:



2 comments:

  1. Haha! You surprised me with that pic! Thanks for the shout-out and for making Chowstalker better with your submissions. And Deviled chicken Salad sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having Problems FOLLOWING with the Paleo Diet?

    Do you want to eat some tasty recipes TONIGHT?

    Download your amazing Paleohacks Cookbook.

    ReplyDelete